All vehicles valued by the ATO at a current market value of more than $5,000 are eligible for a tax deduction based on the ATO
valuation. Below is the ATO valuation process:
- Fill in our online donation form.
- We will email you within 3 business days to discuss eligibility and attach specific paperwork to complete, as well as details
about submitting the ATO application fee of $241 (also tax-deductible). Please fill in these forms and send them in the mail to
- We will arrange the collection of your vehicle, which will be stored at Slattery until it has been valued by the ATO. The ATO
aims to have most valuations completed within a month.
- Once we receive your hard copy forms, we will sign off on them and send them to the ATO on your behalf.
- The ATO will value your vehicle and send you a Certificate of Valuation.
- Once you have received your Certificate of Valuation, please scan us a copy so we can issue your tax-deductible receipt based on
the ATO valuation amount.
** If the ATO value your vehicle at less than $5,000, you are not entitled to a tax deduction based on their valuation and they will not
issue you a Certificate of Valuation. For more information about the valuation process please call the Not-for-profit department at the
ATO on 1300 130 428 or click here for more info about tax-deductible gifts on the ATO website. **
You cannot receive an ATO valuation prior to deciding whether to proceed with the donation. The ATO only values already donated